all-natural organic fertilizationAll-Natural Organic Fertilization
PJC Ecological has specialized in All-Natural Organic Turf Care (OTC) since 2002. Our programs enhance your property and are safe for your family, pets and the environment. We work with you, because what we do (organic products) is as important as what you do (cultural practices – i.e. proper mowing, watering, etc.). Through the use of organic products and cultural practices you can establish a dense lawn that crowds out weeds, is more drought and insect tolerant, lower maintenance and can be played on at all times!
All of our Organic Turf Care Programs begin with a soil test. Soil testing provides critical information about the current state of the soil; determines the type and amount of soil amendments needed; and is used as a baseline to set expectations and determine which PJC program level is best for your property.
PJC Ecological takes a soil sample from your property and an independent laboratory tests the pH, buffer pH, organic matter, cation exchange capacity and Ca:Mg. Soil test results and recommendations are provided in an easy-to-understand format. When you sign up for one of our full-service fertilization programs the cost of the soil test is applied to the program
Full-Service Fertilization Programs
PJC Ecological offers 6 program levels. The program you sign up for will be determined by soil test results, current lawn conditions, your budget and expectations.
Full-Service Programs include:
- Soil Testing (see above)
- 3 Applications of PJC ProHealthy Turf All-Natural Organic Fertilizer
- Soil Amendments based on soil test results (up to 6 applications)
- Fall Aeration and Overseeding
- Grub control using cedar-based product or Hb nematodes (depending on environmental conditions)
- 3 Site Visits with progress notes and trouble spots identified
- “Safe to Play On” lawn flag after each visit to show your commitment to the environment
- Add on Services: seed slicing and lawn fix
DIY Homeowner’s Program
For those interested in taking a hands-on approach to their product applications, PJC Ecological will work with you to implement your own All-Natural Organic Turf Care Program.
DIY Homeowner’s Programs Include:
- Initial lawn assessment
- Soil Test with results and recommendations in an easy to understand format
- One hour onsite consultation to review soil test results, recommendations, cultural practices and product needs
- All-Natural Organic Turf Care Calendar for the season with a schedule of when to apply specific products and cultural practices
- Professional products delivered directly to your home
- Add-on Services: spring seed slice, fall core aeration & overseeding, lawn fix, and grub contro
Foundation Plant Fertilization Program
- Liquid application of biological stimulants and organic fertilizer injected directly to the root zone of your foundation plantings
- Applied 2 times per season – spring & fall
- We treat areas where ticks like to live –along wood lines, under decks, and in shrubs– using essential oils and backpack blowers
- Our tick service will also have some effect on mosquitos
- Applications are April → September; 2x the first month and once a month after